12 September, 2009

DIY

As far as I'm concerned, there is no better way to recycle; reuse; and renew than with a DIY project. Going to the old run down Laverton Market searching through the piles of junk, literally, is so fun {and dirty}...especially when I can find just the perfect cracked; scratched; poorly taken care of photo frame to bring it home, give it a high gloss paint job; add fabric covered cork and voila, a DIY cork board to hang photos; tickets; keepsakes; business cards; anything really.
So today, on this warm and extremely windy Melbourne day, I think I'm going to do a DIY project. Maybe paint my chest of drawers in my "studio" an aqua blue and paint little flourishes on the handles..or if I go to the market I might look for an old run down chair, dining or otherwise, so I can recover it; paint it; whatever..I'm thinking, zebra stripe cushion and a high gloss pink or aqua paint..hmmmm...so many ideas, so few weekends. Be sure to check back because I WILL have photos...I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment