18 January, 2010

Notecards for Haiti Relief

In the wake of the devastating earthquake that hit Haiti last week, I was left speechless and feeling very heartbroken and helpless. All I wanted to do was hop on the first plane out of Melbourne, heading straight for Haiti. Desperate times call for desperate measures right? Then, the realistic side of my brain kicked in and I realized that a flight was just not possible. How could I help? Agencies were saying, "don't give food or clothes or blankets." Then, what am I supposed to do? I had to do something. I likened this disaster to Mother Nature's version of 11 September...only in some ways, worse.

This past Sunday, my husband; daughter, and I, went to Rod Laver Arena, where the Australian Open is being held, and attended a charity fundraiser match organized by Roger Federer. "Hit for Haiti", it was called. He organized an event to raise funds, and he's going to be doing what he does best, and loves most: playing tennis. That's when the idea hit me: I love designing and creating, why not create notecards to raise money for relief efforts?

Needless to say, I have been at the computer for almost 2 days straight drafting and designing and creating and doing it all over again. And I couldn't be happier.

These notecards will be sold for a limited time only. With 10 designs to choose from {all 10 designs are shown on my website}, the notecards are sold in packs of 5 for $15 or 10 for $25, they come with matching plain envelopes and are blank inside for your own personal note. What I really like about these cards is that I designed them with an inspirational quote on the front. But what I like BEST about these cards is that 100% of the money raised will go directly to Haiti relief efforts. That's right, you read correctly: 100%. Meaning, I will make NO money for these cards...and I wouldn't have it any other way. The notecards can either be purchased from my Etsy store here, or on my website here. Please don't forget to specify the colour of card/envelope you want {white or cream} and the design{s}.

I would love to raise at least $500 {but secretly, I'm hoping for much more}. So please help me reach and exceed this goal!

Thank you so much for your support.
xoxo Autumn

2 comments:

  1. I love your determination and compassion. People like you make the difference for people who need help. We can all do something even if we can't go to Haiti ourselves. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If You Are Tired of Wasting All Your Money on Online Advertising for Your Websites… “Discover the Proven and Simple Methods Used By the Pros to Get 100% Free Online Advertising Traffic Your Website!” It does not matter if your looking for just a couple of hundred extra hits a month or to pump your website full of as much traffic as you possibly.
    www.onlineuniversalwork.com

    ReplyDelete