27 September, 2009

Drum Roll Please......

The new home of my pretty patterned chair..underneath the DIY project of a few weeks ago.
The new home of my pretty new striped chair.


Nice silvery chair leg bottoms...after a bit of sanding with Glass Sandpaper

Ahhh...what a cute couple they make!

So I know you are dying to know what the verdict is:
  • Chairs- originally $30 for the both of them..the guy at the market told me in his gruff Eastern European accent, after he saw Rodney spying them.." I give you both $5!" Uh, excuse me? Are you serious? "Yes, $5 for both". SOLD! From $30 to $5..not bad.
  • Fabric-thank you Ikea. $15 for enough fabric for both chairs
  • Paint-Nippon + Bunnings = approx $8 worth used
  • Trimming-$8 at Spotlight

GRAND TOTAL FOR BOTH CHAIRS: $36!!

What's that you say? I'm awesome? Oh yes, thank you! Not bad for a couple unique chairs that you won't be able to find in any shop...plus, it allowed my wonderful husband and I some quality time!

So now it's up to you to try and beat that...2 DIY chairs for under $50. Consider Operation Tush Re-Cush a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment